Health & Wellness
Mission: To help Florida’s elders remain healthy, safe and independent.
The Florida Department of Elder Affairs collaborates with the Florida Department of Health on senior Falls Prevention initiatives.
Florida Department of Health
Older Adult Falls Prevention
To establish and support collaborative efforts to provide statewide direction and focus for falls-related injury prevention for Florida’s older adults.
Some action plan strategies include:
- Involvement in the implementation and coordination of older adult falls prevention activities.
- Facilitate an annual falls prevention recognition for at least one individual who has demonstrated commitment to older adult falls prevention.
- Research, identify, and disseminate evidence-based interventions and best practices.
- Support the accessibility, training, and/or sustainability for evidence-based interventions and best practices.
- Support public awareness and education activities for older adults falls prevention.
- Provides national data
- Publicizes publications and resources on falls prevention
- Develops toolkits for falls prevention initiatives
- Promotes participation in National Falls Prevention Awareness Day (September 22—first day of fall)
- Helps advance falls prevention policies within states
- Develops national tools and resources for falls prevention initiatives
For more information about this service click on the NCOA icon: