AARP Florida and the Florida Department of Elder Affairs will host a series of Age-Friendly Sharing sessions on topics related to livable communities. Register here!
Join Us on Florida’s Journey to Become Age-Friendly
September 2, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
In our first session of the series, learn what it means to be Age-Friendly and why Florida’s community leaders are making the commitment. Participate in interactive panel discussions and sessions with state and local elected leaders, and Age-Friendly experts.
- Richard Prudom, Secretary, Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Jeff Johnson, State Director, AARP Florida
- Laura Cantwell, Associate State Director, AARP Florida
- Kathy Black, Ph.D., AARP Age-Friendly Consultant
Creating Age-Friendly Community Health & Wellbeing
September 9, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
Our second session will discuss several state-local initiatives designed to promote healthy aging and support for persons with dementia and their caregivers. Join us to learn more about Florida’s Age-Friendly Public Health system and statewide Dementia-caring Community Taskforces – and how you can get involved.
- Ryan Mims, Chief Health Strategist, Florida Department of Health in Walton County
Collaborating for Age-Friendly Community Resiliency
September 30, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
Session three identifies how community partners can work to support both livable and resilient environments. Presenters will identify municipal, departmental and broader coalition efforts to help your community thrive in the face of challenging conditions such as weather and COVID.
- Zachary Eichholz, Deputy Community & Economic Development Director & Sustainability Manager, City of Cape Canaveral
- Brenda Defoe-Surprenant, City Planner, City of Cape Canaveral
Advancing our Age-Friendly Communities
October 7, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
Our fourth and final session will identify a plethora of resources to propel your community’s age-friendly efforts. National and statewide resources from AARP and several state departments will be shared for inspiration and actionable next steps.